Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dental v.s Medical Insurance for Wisdom Teeth Extraction?

I have an appt. to get two more wisdom teeth surgically removed. I had one removed at the end of last year. Since I was out of dental insurance (Delta) money, medical insurance (medica) covered 80%, and paid the surgeon considerably less than what the initial bill was which made my 20% less which was nice. I have not used any dental insurance money this year, so I am concerned that the surgeon will bill Delta first and I will get stuck with bigger bill since it seems like dental insurance isn't as tough as medical ins. is on restricting what a surgeon can bill a patient. Anyone have experience on this? Should I delay extraction to the end of the year given their is not immediate problem so that I have some dental money left for cleanings and other issues?

Dental v.s Medical Insurance for Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
I didn't even finish reading and I can tell you already....use you're medical insurance for this. Most patients do if at all possible. You need to save your dental for other uses like needing a crown or fillings and cleanings. Don't use up that "small amount" that dental allots you each year (as if that's enough to cover anything really) when you can let medical pick up on it. Hope I've been of some help and you can always talk to the insurance rep at the surgeons office, she will guide you in the right direction and she knows how to word it to the insurance co. We all know it's better to use the medical and save that precious dental insurance for dental treatment. Good luck with your surgery!
Reply:THIS IS SIMPLE, HAVE THE DENTAL OFFICE PROCESS THIS EXTRACTION UNDER A MEDICAL PROCEDURE RATHER THAN A DENTAL ONE. NEXT YEAR THE AMOUNT WILL AGAIN BE RENEWED.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net